QuiltCon 2018 CMQG Charity Quilt
The CMQG is pleased to be raffling off the community quilt that we made for QuiltCon 2018! This quilt was designed and created in a group effort following the rules for the MQG, which set the color palette and theme of “Traditional Quilts Made Modern”.
Entitled “Radient Nine-Patch” (and designed by our very own Charlotte Howard), this eye-catching quilt will liven up any room! Based on a traditional Nine-Patch block in a modern setting, the warm colors flow from the inside out.
We are collaborating with Gather Here to raise funds to send kids to sewing camp held at Gather Here this summer. 100% of the proceeds from the raffle will be used to sponsor one or more teens at the week-long sewing camp at Gather Here. And even better....Gather Here is matching the donations! This camp introduces students to the functional creativity of sewing for fashion or quilting and may lead to the next generation of fiber artists.
The back was pieces from leftovers in the same color scheme!
Purchase your raffle tickets in person at Gather Here until May 31 and the winner will be contacted on or about June 1, 2018.
- We continued our November tradition of holding a food and hygiene products drive for the Falcon Pantry at our local high school.
- Our 2016 QuiltCon entry, Slytherin, was auctioned for a pretty penny to benefit GLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders).
- CMQG made 26 Quilts for campers attending Camp Erin this summer.
- For our holiday drive, we collected a mountain of goods for our local high school's student-run food and hygiene products pantry.
- We collaborated with the Boston Modern Quilt Guild on Quilts for Pulse to deliver nine quilts to people affected by the tragedy in Orlando.
- CMQG's first charity project - we used our newfound quilt-as-you-go skills to make squares for Soy Amado