QuiltCon 2018 CMQG Charity Quilt
The CMQG is pleased to be raffling off the community quilt that we made for QuiltCon 2018! This quilt was designed and created in a group effort following the rules for the MQG, which set the color palette and theme of “Traditional Quilts Made Modern”.
Entitled “Radient Nine-Patch”, this eye-catching quilt will liven up any room! Based on a traditional Nine-Patch block in a modern setting, the warm colors flow from the inside out.
Proceeds from the raffle will be used to sponsor one or more teens at the week-long sewing camp at Gather Here. This camp introduces students to the functional creativity of sewing for fashion or quilting and may lead to the next generation of fiber artists.
The back was pieces from leftovers in the same color scheme!
Purchase your raffle tickets in person at Inman Eats and Crafts at the Gather Here booth on Sunday, May 20 from 12-4.
If you won't be able to make it that day, you can purchase raffle tickets here:
- We continued our November tradition of holding a food and hygiene products drive for the Falcon Pantry at our local high school.
- Our 2016 QuiltCon entry, Slytherin, was auctioned for a pretty penny to benefit GLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders).
- CMQG made 26 Quilts for campers attending Camp Erin this summer.
- For our holiday drive, we collected a mountain of goods for our local high school's student-run food and hygiene products pantry.
- We collaborated with the Boston Modern Quilt Guild on Quilts for Pulse to deliver nine quilts to people affected by the tragedy in Orlando.
- CMQG's first charity project - we used our newfound quilt-as-you-go skills to make squares for Soy Amado